Rough shots is a collection of my recent photography work. Majority of blogs will be wilderness or travel based photography.

My Equipment:

+PENTAX *ist DS digital SLR with a Pentax 18mm to 55mm lens and a
+Canon EOS 7D with a 18mm - 135mm


Hope you enjoy :-)



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dunham Park - Manchester

Hi all, Sorry it has been some time since I have posted any pics. I'm not going to make any excuses

I visited Dunham Park part of the national trust. It only 5min drive from where I'm living


This wheel was once used to grind the corn farmed in the fields out the back of Dunham Park. It is leaning against an old water mill. Not sure if I like it in black and white but the light was ugly. Will go back and hope for better light.  


'Red Jackets' 
I love this shot. They say photography is about being in the right spot at the right time. Well in order to get this shot I had to dash 100m a cross a field. I arrived just in time, however not time enough to get the right settings. At a close look the young girl and mum at the front are blurred. This due to a much too slow shutter speed.  Next time Ill run that little bit faster!


The Old Water Mill. Once again I'm not happy with the light. The sun sets behind you as you look at the Mill. So I'm thinking I'll head back in spring and hope for the light to shine on the Mill and throw some pink out in the sky...........


The colours of a fallen tree. 
I love the swirling lines and colour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment